Sunday, April 5, 2015

Salvo Sunday: "A Spirited Attack"


A writer, who I admire, Julie Hedlund, always writes a gratitude Sunday blog.  I liked this idea so much I decided to copy it, but I didn’t want to completely steal her ideas, so I came up with Salvo Sunday.
  Salvo means “a spirited attack (Merriam/Webster).” Since my week begins on Sunday, I felt that this was an excellent way to start the week, with spirit.

Integrity
     This is my word for the year, interestingly enough salvo ales means “a means of safeguarding one’s names or honor or conscience. (Merriam/Webster, n.d.)” As woman o integrity I will regard my name with salvo.
          

DONORSCHOOSE.ORG
DonorsChoose.org is a website where teachers can go and set up projects to funded.  These projects include visitors, field trip, materials and supplies for the classroom.
I have been invited to participate in a pilot program within DonorsChoose.org.  It is a program where teachers can request funds for some type of professional development. My project is: (click)
Learn the New Technology!

Give to project by April 11, 2015 and your donation will be doubled thanks to DonorsChoose.org. Just enter the code SPARK on the payment page and you'll be matched dollar for dollar (up to $100).
Thanks for reading, and thank you so much for donating if you are able to!

Writing, Consulting and my dreams
 Next to my laptop is a pile of projects, class assignments for my Ed.S. degree, manuscripts, books I need to review.  All the while keeping up with my:
·     Social media sites
·     Webinars
·     Writing groups, classes and forums.

Progress I am making, YES

Salvo:
  I will make a spirited attack on the week as Spring Break ends.  Tomorrow is the first day back; Tuesday is the first day with students.
       Take care and thank you for reading my blog and following me on twitter!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment