Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M is for Milestone

is for






MILESTONE


Tonight I am going to go to sleep early, in fact after this post and my journal entry, I will go to bed.  That in and of itself is milestone.

My children are both in their twenties.  I have been married for over twenty years.  I have been teaching for over twenty years.  This summer, with all hope and faith, I will be declared in remission and cancer free as I celebrate my sixth anniversary of my diagnosis.  

This summer I will also be turning 53.  WOW!!  I don't feel that old, in fact I don't feel old until I catch a picture of myself in the mirror or a reflection in the window.  Then I wonder who is that old person. 

Also, with all hope and faith, I will achieve my EdS in educational technology and start to work as a writer and consultant. 

Milestones, we need them to remind of all that we have accomplished and failed at in order to continue on this journey.  

What milestones are you celebrating?  

Remember, a milestone can also represent something that you have failed at and that is okay.  In fact, how you pick yourself up is the most important aspect of that milestone.


No comments:

Post a Comment