Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Starting a New Quarter

  
January represents, to many of us, a new quarter, trimester, to be soon followed by a celebrations of a 100 days of school. This year began with my husband recovering from a severe injury,  a funeral, debt collectors and a call from a bails bondsmen. 

Dear Past,
Thank you for all of the lessons!

Dear Future,
I am ready!


The year has started out with a bang! When I saw this quote, (worry don’t know who wrote it)  but this is how I am viewing the upcoming month, especially this year. The year began because of past decision, but it will change this year. 2016 had been a confusing year, to say the least.  I believe that I have followed my Lord, but I also know that I have not been obedient as I should be this year. Consequently  . . .

One of the most important lessons I’m taking into 2017 . . . 
If you can’t do anything about it, then let it go. Don’t be a prisoner to things you can’t change.  (Tony Gaskin)

In addition, a new quarter, many educators will be receiving an intent letter.  Will you be going back?  What will you teach? Then you have to return it by a February date. This does not mean that you will be asked back, but the powers that be want to know if you will be returning.



I haven’t made any decisions about this decision.  I know what I want to be doing this time next year.  I know what needs to happen in order of this to occur. 

When you reflect on the new quarter, keep all of these items in mind.  Remember, the students still need to be taught and the quality of your teaching will reflect your emotional state. 




Have a great quarter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment