Sunday, January 1, 2017

Let's Salute the Week (and the New Year)



This promises to be a very busy week!  I am so happy that it is 2017.  I realized that there was a 6 in 2016, go figure.  I spent the whole year without realizing that and it probably is because I spent so much time inside my head thinking negative thoughts.  

This year I am going to spend every day battling negativity by reading the “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyer. In addition, I have the tapes, Action Plan and now I am reviewing her newest editing of the Bible “The Battlefield of the Mind Study Bible”.  I am finding it very helpful with my thought process.

As bad as 2016, there are several things I am grateful for:


  1. My church is a praying church and we have some great prayer warriors.
  2. My husband  is a good man.
  3. My parents love and care about me.
  4. There are several people on my Facebook who I have known personally for a very long time.  It is great to go into private messaging when we can’t get together.
  5. God allows U - turns.
  6. My son and daughter communicate with us, their parents, regularly.
  7. People are generally good, even when they are accusing me of something that I am not or have not down. I learned this year that God will take care of them when I LEAVE it with him.  It was a hard lesson to learn. (I am not talking about revenge on my part).
  8. Technology is my friend, even when it it doesn’t work the way I want it to.
  9. The 12 days of Christmas by Julie Hedlund.  I really thought about this year and I didn’t want really think I had anything to be grateful for (because I screwed up in just about area of my life), but I found when I went to church today and was embraced by my church family.
  10. I will constantly tell myself and remind myself of the lessons I have learned this year

  This year I will be keeping track of my gratitude in this jar.  






The past 8 days I have been working on my reflections for this past year, 2016.  Tomorrow I will list some of the things I want to achieve this year.  Things I know I can because my main priority is to be financially solvent by the end of 2017.











Everyone lets make this a great new year and wonderful, positive time.



My word for this year is diligent.  


No comments:

Post a Comment