Thursday, February 16, 2017

Merry Christmas, Dear Dragon (Beginning-To-Read) Kindle Edition by Margaret Hillert and Jack Pullan




Synopsis

A boy and his pet dragon enjoy winter activities and prepare for a very merry Christmas. This book uses high frequency words and repetition, within the book so that the readers gain confidence as they read the book.  The student really enjoy the every day experiences with a boy and his imaginary pet dragon. There are educator resources which include reading reinforcement activities and a word list in the back. The activities focus on foundational, language and reading skills, in addition, the resources include phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and reading comprehension. There are teacher notes available on publisher's website which will help with the lesson planning and small groups.




Summary and rating of 4.7

This series was first introduced to me in 2014.  It was one of the first books I reviewed and I have really enjoyed them.  I have read them to my students who have really enjoyed them.  The illustration, text and addition pop up words are really wonderful.  I highly recommend this book. 



This ARC has been given to me by Norwood House Press via Netgalley

No comments:

Post a Comment