Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Why I like my Scars !


Why I like my scars!

A scar is a mark left on the skin after a surface injury or wound has healed. 2. A lingering sign of
damage or injury, either emotional, mental or physical. (freedictionary.com)

I’ll be honest the picture isn’t me.  I do have a scar in that general area and if I open my shirt for the world to see, you will a few scars. One scar is from the portal I had inserted in order to make it easier for the medical personal to draw blood, insert medicine and attach my chemo lines.  The next scar goes from the center of my chest to under my arm. Go a little further down and there are my stretch marks from two pregnancies, scar from a C-section and epidural cut.

            On the back of my hands and wrist are scars from a student I held in a restraint who scratched very deeply. My arms and legs are covered with scars from various childhood, teenage and adult injuries. Some are long, some are narrow, some white, some are so old that only I can see them. Finally, some I don’t look at because those scars go all the way to my heart and soul.

From now on let no one trouble me [by making it necessary for me to justify my authority as an apostle, and the absolute truth of the gospel], for I bear on my body the branding-marks of Jesus [the wounds, scars, and other outward evidence of persecutions—these testify to His ownership of me].

These physical scars are the result of life happening to me.  The scars are the reminders of a high risk pregnancy, a scary first pregnancy, a trip when I was hurt the most and scared I wouldn’t live through it.  These are my branding marks of Jesus; they testify to Jesus’ ownership of me. A time to remember that no mater what, God was there and put a hedge of protection around me and I am here to testify to that.
                                            There are mental scars:
·      You won’t pass the test, you aren’t smart enough
·      You are a basic teacher; we won’t be renewing your contract.
·      We don’t want you teaching anymore in that class
·      The writing, well, it isn’t up to our standards
The emotional scars:
·      I hate you, I wish you weren’t my mother
·      I wish you were dead
·      Don’t talk to me, you are . . ..
·      The friends who no longer are or will become . . .
                           because the scar is just to fresh from the last time

The scars that can’t be seen are the ones that hurt the most.  

When I look back at them I see how God stitched the wounds together that those words, situations, experiences produced. I wish I could say that I just moved on and they don’t hurt anymore, but no.

You see I have to forgive the person who said it, forgive the situation that caused it and forgive the person I was at the time.  That is the hardest part, but each time, I can forgive because I know that there is a great purpose> Not my will by your will God

Then Satan comes along and replays the situation in my head, whispering remember.

                        Then God brings me to another situation that is more hurtful and I remember that the                                                                                                        test isn’t over yet. 

Why? 


Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].

We are in a spiritual warfare, the past is over and God is fighting behind the scene:

For though we walk in the flesh [as mortal men], we are not carrying on our [spiritualwarfare according to the flesh and using the weapons of man.

The scars?  
           The Emotional, Physical, Mental ones?  

They remind us that God brought us through once and he will bring us through again.




No comments:

Post a Comment