Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Contract Online Teacher

I have officially started making my living online!!.  I am very excited and nervous about the situation. In the next 60 days I need to renew my teaching certification and attain my TESOL certification so that I can continue with this job!  For a very long time I have wanted to make my living online.
The whole purpose is to make a living, but as long as I have a stable Internet connection I can work out of our mountain cabin and our travel trailer.

There are so, so many people who do this . . work online, remote, virtual position where they make the same kind of money that they did when they got up, dressed etc. . and drive to work .  I don't want to do that anymore.  I do want to teach, design instruction, develop curriculum and write . . . all online. However, I have to make sure the internet connection is stable wherever I am.  This weekend i will be checking out the internet connection at the cabin.  The next step is to check out the connection on the RV.  I will have to purchase a internet enhancer!

Technology is great!  However, I am learning one thing about teaching online, the world becomes a WHOLE lot closer.  I teach and work with people who are learning English who are 14 hours ahead of me. I have applied for jobs where the time is local or 1 hour behind me or two hours ahead of me.
I knew this to be true or rather had an idea when I studied online, my study partner (assigned by our teacher) what 7 hours ahead of me.  That was interesting!  Anyway, I will continue because I am getting up at 4:30 to teach online at 5:30.

In the meantime I will could really get used to this . .  working at home.  My schedule is set . . by me. The housekeeping is done, no one listens while I talk on the phone. No students interrupt, because my classes last 45 minutes.

The situation doesn't mean I am completely on my own, I still have to plan, teach, be evaluated, and will eventually get paid, for teaching online.  Also, I do need to dress professionally and keep a clean background.

No comments:

Post a Comment